Friday, December 7, 2018

All eastbound lanes of I-44 west of Springfield open following bridge replacement

(From MODOT)

TRAFFIC ALERT
All Eastbound Lanes of I-44 OPEN at MM 64.2 West of Springfield Following Bridge Replacement


What: All eastbound lanes of I-44 OPEN at Pickerel Creek (Mile Marker 64.2) west of Springfield

When: 10 a.m. today (Friday, Dec. 7)

Why: Eastbound I-44 reduced to one lane and shifted to median to allow contractor crews to replace the deteriorating Pickerel Creek bridge



Traffic Impacts:
Both eastbound lanes of I-44 open at Mile Marker 64.2 at Pickerel Creek west of Springfield
Cleanup work continues including pavement striping, installation of edgeline rumble stripes, removal of work zone signs, etc. However, traffic impacts will be minimal.

Project Facts:
Total project cost: $3.4 million.
Prime contractor: Hartman and Company of Springfield
Project started on July 6, 2018, and was completed one week ahead of schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment