Friday, October 19, 2018

Reed Academy teacher receives Golden Apple

(From Springfield Public Schools)

Reed Academy teacher Beth Marlow was awarded the Golden Apple from FOX 5 for her efforts as an outstanding science teacher.

"It's a little overwhelming," she said. "I love what I do, so I feel good about the recognition. I appreciate the recognition very much. I just feel like since I like what I do, I don't need an award."

Marlow has taught science at Reed Academy for 20 years and was surprised on Tuesday, Oct. 16 During the award presentation, she was surrounded by the sixth-grade teaching staff at Reed Academy, who applauded her outstanding contributions and work at Reed Academy.



Marlow received $250 furnished by BluCurrent Credit Union and will be profiled on Fox 5. She was presented the award by members of the FOX 5 news team and a representative from BluCurrent.

No comments:

Post a Comment