Monday, November 19, 2018

One eastbound lane of I-44 to be closed west of Halltown for two weeks

(From MODOT)

TRAFFIC ALERT


What: One eastbound lane of I-44 (Mile Marker 56.8) at Turnback Creek west of Halltown closed around the clock

When: Weeks of Nov. 26 and Dec. 3

Why: Crews repairing girders underneath the bridge and bridge wall on right side of bridge



Traffic Impacts:
One eastbound lane of I-44 will remain OPEN at all times. One eastbound lane closed ‘round the clock.
Drivers urged to allow extra travel time due to expected congestion and traffic backups
Drivers urged to avoid I-44 if possible. Consider alternate routes including Route 96 and Route 174.
Work zone is within eight miles of another bridge project on eastbound I-44 at Pickerel Creek (64.2) where delays are occurring during higher traffic volume times

(Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule)

No comments:

Post a Comment