Thursday, November 9, 2023

Mount Vernon woman charged with assault, resisting arrest after biting policeman's pants

A Mount Vernon woman was charged with felony assault of a special victim and resisting arrest following a report of a trespassing at a Mount Vernon home.

An 11 a.m. November 14 arraignment is scheduled in Lawrence County Circuit Court for Ariel Nicole Glenn (DOB 1991).

The allegations against Glenn were detailed in the probable cause statement:

Upon my arrival, I noticed a female, whom I later identified as Ariel Nicole Glenn, walking away from that residence and looking back to the house, screaming. Once I exited my vehicle, I could hear her screaming al a male that was standing in tbe doorway of the home and calling him profanity. 








1 then told Ariel to stop and come to me as I was walking toward her. which she ignored, continuing to scream and use profanity while walking east on Thurman Ave. I then explained to her that if she didn't stop, she would be placed in the back of my squad car so that l could continue my investigation. 

Ariel stated that "she really didn't give a s--t, he just bloodied my foot" while walking towards me in an aggressive manner. 1 then told her to turn around, which she did, and placed her hands behind her back. I explained that she was detained, and at that time, Ariel began pulling away and trying to run west but could not due to me still having control of her hands. 








Ariel then began kicking backward trying to get away from me. I then assisted Ariel to the ground to gain better control and prevent any injuries to myself or her. As soon as I was able to get her on the ground, I placed her in handcuffs. 

Ariel continued to fight me while in handcuffs while also attempting lo bite my leg but was only able to bite and pull on the seam of my pants. I was then assisted by a Lawrence County deputy who was able to help me get Ariel up and to my squad car. I then checked the handcuffs for fit and double-locked them. Ariel was transported to the Lawrence County Jail. She attempted several times to kick out the glass of my patrol car.

The case was investigated by the Mount Vernon Police Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment