Friday, January 6, 2017

One eastbound lane of I-44 west of Mt. Vernon closed next week for bridge deck repairs

(From MODOT)

MoDOT TRAFFIC ALERT!
I-44 Bridge Work West of Mount Vernon January 9-12 Will Cause Expect Delays

Where: One eastbound lane of I-44 closed ‘round the clock over the Spring River near Mount Vernon (Mile Marker 43)

When: Monday-Thursday, Jan. 9-12

What: MoDOT crews repairing bridge deck with concrete patches. Lane must be left closed where work is occurring to allow the concrete to cure properly. With colder temperatures, the concrete takes longer to harden.

Traffic Impacts: One eastbound lane of I-44 will be closed’ round the clock. The lane closing will cause significant traffic backups at higher traffic volume times on I-44. Drivers are urged to use caution and avoid the work zone if possible.

Weather and/or construction scheduling conflicts could alter the work schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment