Monday, July 28, 2014

Bridge demolition west of Springfield rescheduled

(From MODOT)

Work to demolish the Route MM/B bridge over I-44 west of Springfield has been RESCHEDULED for the weekend of August 8-9, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.  
The bridge demolition is the first step in a project to replace the Route MM/B bridge with a new wider and taller structure. 
During the bridge demolition, I-44 traffic will be rerouted over the ramps at the interchange.
Drivers can expect traffic disruptions on I-44 and on Route MM/B starting at 7 p.m. Friday night, August 8, and lasting until 6 p.m. Saturday, August 9.
Bridge Demolition Schedule
  • 7 p.m. Friday, August 8 -- One lane in each direction on I-44 will be closed at Route MM/B.
  • 8 p.m. Friday, August 8 -- Route MM/B will be CLOSED at I-44.
  • 10 p.m. Friday, August 8, until 6 p.m. Saturday, August 9 -- I-44 traffic routed over the ramps at the Route MM/B interchange.
  • During the bridge demolition, Route MM/B traffic will NOT have access to I-44. However, I-44 traffic will be able to exit at Route MM/B.
  • I-44 drivers who want to avoid the possible congestion at Route MM/B can use Route 65 to Route 60 to Route 360 in Springfield to detour around the bridge demolition area.
Traffic Impacts During Bridge Construction
The Route MM/B bridge over I-44 will be CLOSED from August 8 to November 8.  However, the ramps at the interchange will remain open much of the time.
In late September, it will be necessary to CLOSE the ramps at the interchange for up to 30 days. During the ramp closing, drivers will NOT be able to use the interchange and will need to follow the signed detour.
Drivers can expect nighttime lane closings at times on I-44 at Routes MM/B.  Nighttime work hours will be 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Project Background
Prime Contractor: L. Krupp Construction, Inc., Ellisville, MO
Completion Date: December 15, 2014, although the new bridge will be open to traffic by November 8, 2014.
Construction Cost: $1.8 million

No comments:

Post a Comment